Monday, February 18, 2013

Many thanks to my readers


At some point during the evening of February 17, Exotic and Irrational Entertainment surpassed 100,000 page views. When I started writing E & I, I never imagined that anything I wrote would be of interest to more than a few family members and close friends. So I want to take a moment to thank all of my readers and commenters over the last five and a half years; it means a great deal to me that so many people have taken the time to stop by, consider my views and share their thoughts. I also want to thank fellow bloggers Memsaab, Beth, Bollyviewer, Daddy's Girl, Filmi Girl, Sita-ji, theBollywoodFan, and many others, without whose examples, support and encouragement I would likely never have begun or been able to sustain this adventure.

Knowingly or unknowingly, E & I violates every rule of blogging. You are supposed to write on only one subject, post frequently (daily if possible), and keep posts short and breezy. But E & I covers anything I'm watching, reading, listening to, or thinking about. I post whenever I can, but I'm lucky if that's more than once a week. And my posts are sometimes lengthy; while I hope they're not unnecessarily so, I know I could always edit myself more ruthlessly. I'm amazed and honored, though, that some of my longest posts are also among the most viewed.

I'll return to my thoughts on opera, books, Indian and non-Indian movies, television, music, and other subjects shortly; many thanks again for reading E & I.

No comments :

Post a Comment